Health and Safety in the workplace is vital.....
For the last 6 years Bob has specialised in helping Small to Medium sized Businesses with Health and Safety.
Bob has completed a Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety, (level 6) by distance learning, through the Southern Institute of Technology. (Invercargill) He is a Graduate Member of the NZ Institute of Safety Management. (This requires academic qualification, on going study as well as practical experience in the workplace.
Currently we service 95 Health and Safety clients. (The number is growing every week!) Have a look at the testimonials page on this website. Many of these businesses have this health and safety plan in place and would be more than happy for you to ring and discuss our service.
The Health and Safety Management Plan we provide covers the following, including complete documentation:
- 1)Your firms commitment to health and safety (Staff and Employer)
- 2)Identification of hazards that cause risks in the workplace and controls/interventions for those
- 3)Procedure and documentation for staff training in health and safety (Incldung Hazardous Substances)
- 4)Reporting (and recording) incidents, accidents and near misses
- 5)Evacuation procedure in case of emergency. Fire, earthquake, chemical spill, etc.
- 6)First Aid requirements
- 7)Contractor requirement ) Contractors coming into your workplace to carry out repair work etc or you using contractors or subcontractors in general
- 8)Onsite procedures (When you or your staff are working away from your base)
Its important to involve employee's/workers in the health and safety process. Tool box meeting are one way. Bob will help you through the first one. The big thing is to get feed back from staff on the hazards and risks they face and discuss suitable controls
As an ongoing service Bob will provide you with an email each month, outlining some area of health and safety that you should consider.
Of course Bob is always available by phone, or face to face. Most small things we don't charge for. eg Providing a further copy of your plan by email, discussion over the phone about a situation etc. If its bigger than that and you want Bob to make a special trip to your firm we will negotiate a modest fee)
Our standard "one-off" charge to put the complete plan in place is between $800 to $3,500 plus gst. Depending on the complexity of the job. (There is no ongoing fee) This includes a minimum of two consultations (at your place of work) plus all the documentation
Bob enjoys running the first training meeting after the completion of the plan. It helps get everyone on the same page. He uses a 30/40 minute PowerPoint presentation for this. (A one off fee is charged )