FOR A BUSINESS OWNER, ACC MAY BE OF GREAT ASSISTANCE FOLLOWING A MAJOR INJURY
However in its standard form it's not always easy to successfully claim.
There may be a need to prove your income prior to the injury, and loss of income after the injury. Not always a simple matter.
To simplify the process, you may apply to ACC to change to an "Agreed value" plan known as Cover Plus Extra. Under this plan ACC "agree" with you at the commencement of your plan what your insured amount will be. Come claim time there is no need to provide financials. Once the claim is approved you receive the amount agreed upon.
We provide a 5 step ACC assessment service that works like this:
- Under your authority we apply to ACC for your current situation
- Once the information is received from ACC we compile a detailed written report (There is a $35.00 charge for this report)
- In the report we may make recommendations about how you can improve your cover, save on levies or both
- If after considering the report you wish to proceed with any recommendations we have made, we have these approved by ACC
- Once approved by ACC we charge you for the work carried out (the price for this step is negotiated with you before the changes are applied for and only charged if the changes are approved by ACC)